Becca Stevens: Love’s Healing Power
“Life is a gift. Morality is gratitude.” How we live our life shows how grateful we are for the gifts we’ve been given.”
My guest for today’s episode is Becca Stevens. Becca is many things: an Episcopal priest, author, speaker, and social entrepreneur. She is the founder and President of Thistle Farms, the largest social enterprise in the US run by survivors of prostitution, trafficking, and addiction. Her work has been featured in the New York Times, on ABC World News, NPR, PBS and she was recently named a 2016 CNN Hero.
For 20 years, Thistle Farms’ mission to heal, empower, and employ has led to profound change in the lives of women survivors, customers, and communities. We are celebrating that, last year, customers and donors helped make the following possible:
- 59 WOMEN SURVIVORS EMPLOYED BY THISTLE FARMS, EARNED OVER $1M A YEAR IN SALARY AND WAGES
- 9,215 NIGHTS OF SAFE, SUPPORTIVE HOUSING PROVIDED TO WOMEN RECOVERING FROM LIFE ON THE STREETS
- 14,100 HOURS OF COUNSELING AND THERAPY FOR SURVIVORS, ENSURING THEIR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELL-BEING
- 40 ORGANIZATIONS ACROSS THE COUNTRY REPLICATED TF HOUSING MODEL, CURRENTLY OFFERING 185 BEDS FOR WOMEN SEEKING SANCTUARY FROM THE STREETS
- 24 SHARED TRADE PARTNERSHIPS AROUND THE GLOBE, SUPPORTING THE ECONOMIC FREEDOM OF MORE THAN 1,700 WOMEN
Check out today’s episode, “Love’s Healing Power”, and hear first-hand how love is the most powerful force for change in the world.